On Senior Day at Monongalia County Ballpark, the West Virginia baseball team completed their two-game sweep of George Mason by knocking off the Colonials, 13-2.

In both games this series, the Mountaineers plated double digit runs across the plate following a 10-1 stomping on Thursday night.

It didn’t take long for the Mountaineers to jump on George Washington right-hander Elliott Raimo on Saturday afternoon as Darius Hill doubled to bring home Tyler Doanes for the first run of the ballgame with zero out in the bottom of the first.

West Virginia (34-18) would plate three more runs in the opening inning as Marques Inman flied out to left field, scoring Brandon White.

Raimo exited Saturday’s start after serving up the four first inning runs, as well as six hits, two walks while only striking out one Mountaineer on 58 total pitches.

West Virginia right-hander Kade Strowd was sailing along until a fourth inning Dom D’Alessandro two-run home run cut the Mountaineer lead in half, 4-2.

Although only surrendering the two-run bomb to the Colonials, Strowd was pulled after only four innings of work in which he allowed four hits, two runs and struck out four batters.

The sixth and seventh innings saw the Mountaineers plate two runs on the board in each inning to continue West Virginia’s hot weekend offensive surge.

In the eighth inning, Andrew Zitel sent a moonshot over the left field wall for the 10-2 lead. Brandon White later singled to the shortstop, scoring Tucker before Hill shot a double to left center field to bring home Doanes.

West Virginia will now travel to Oklahoma City to compete in the Big 12 Championship which is set to begin on Wednesday, May 22.