The West Virginia women’s soccer team ended its first conference road trip of the season with a 2-1 overtime victory on Sunday afternoon over Texas. 

After losing to Baylor on Thursday, the Mountaineers traveled to Austin looking to bounce back against the Longhorns. Sophomore midfielder Addison Clark scored the winning goal in overtime to hand Texas their first conference loss of the season. 

WVU freshman midfielder Enzi Broussard scored her first career goal as a Mountaineer as she began the scoring in the 49th minute. With 13 minutes left in regulation, Texas forward Cydney Billups scored in the 77th minute. 

In overtime, Clark finished off the Longhorns in the 103rd minute to secure the first conference road victory of the season for WVU. 

West Virginia (7-4-1, 2-1 Big 12) ended the day with 26 total shots while Texas amounted 17 total shots. It was a close, defensive battle at halftime with both teams totaling seven shots and zero goals. 

Despite the loss, Texas (8-5-0, 3-1) remains in the lead in the Big 12 with Texas Tech right behind at 2-0-1. West Virginia is tied for fourth with Baylor after three conference matches. 

The Mountaineers return to Dick Dlesk Soccer Stadium on Thursday with a match against Texas Tech. The match will begin at 7 p.m.