The West Virginia cross country team dominated at the Lock Haven Invitational on Saturday with a score of 15 among a pool of 37 schools.

Participating in the 6K, the Mountaineers featured junior Hayley Jackson (20:42) in second place, redshirt senior Candace Jones (21:06.6) placing third, redshirt senior Olivia Hill (21:06.7) finishing fourth, freshman Ceili McCabe (21:16.8) in fifth, redshirt junior Antigone Archer (21:19.9) in sixth, and redshirt freshman Katherine Dowie (21:21.3) in seventh. 

The Mountaineers had the top finisher for every class except seniors, one of which being redshirt sophomore Marianne Abdalah (21:25.8) who finished ninth.

The team used this invitational as a stepping stone for many of the younger members of the squad, as the rest of the finishers were redshirt freshmen: Mikenna Vanderheyden (11th, 21:29.4), Samantha Hatcher (24th, 22:22.7), Amber Dombrowski (25th, 22:23.1), Peyton Kukura (29th, 22:35.7), and Malina Mitchell (44th, 22:56.5). 

With this result, the Mountaineers captured their first victory of the season after finishing third at the Lehigh Invitational and fourth at the Spiked Shoe Invitational at Penn State.

The team will return on Oct. 5 when they travel to Arkansas for the Chile Pepper Cross Country Invitational.