Women's Soccer Scoreboard         WVU Medicine Logo

Now, the never-ending saga continues. Some presume he’s in for another “decision” to break Cleveland’s hearts, sending the struggling and gloomy sports city another dose of depression.

In the first game, the Mountaineers tried to assert themselves early with their physical, aggressive play. But the Orange were able to capitalize on their opportunities, jumping ahead to a 3-0 advantage in the first period.

Following a rough start to their season, the Orange are on an eight game winning streak. Unlike West Virginia, this is the Orange’s first game of 2016; they’ve been on hiatus since before the holidays.

Over the holiday break, the WVU hockey team collaborated with the “Stepping Stones on Ice” program to showcase their love of skating and ice hockey. Stepping Stones is a non-profit organization that seeks to offer fun recreational activities to children and adults with special needs and disabilities.

New head coach AJ Sturges is off to a rough start in his coaching career, after the Mountaineers dropped two games against Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Duquesne last weekend. But Sturges remains optimistic and is confident the team can continue to grow and improve as the season progresses.

The West Virginia University hockey team has struggled with injuries so far this season and has stumbled to a 9-13 record thus far this year. Last week, the Mountaineers and former head coach Kyle Richards parted ways, and AJ Sturges was named the new head coach.

This facility is going to cost about $25 million, and WVU, the Monongalia County Commission, the town of Granville, the city of Westover, the town of Star City, the city of Morgantown, the Mylan Park Foundation, the Monongalia County Board of Education and the Greater Morgantown Conventions and Visitors Bureau, Inc., all came together to start this project.

Head coach Kyle Richards hoped for his team to be further along, rather than teetering just above the .500 mark, but he feels the team is taking the proper strides to improve its position in the standings.

One of college sports’ biggest arguments is that of the one-and-done athlete, mainly seen in college basketball.

West Virginia showed up offensively, scoring six and seven goals against Lehigh, respectively. The Mountaineers allowed four scores against them on Friday but held their opponents to just one the following night.

After two WVU football players were dismissed following being stabbed in a fight downtown, one has to wonder why legal incidents involving college athletes are rarely publicized to the extent of a professional athlete.

Head coach Kyle Richards was hoping for his team to get off to a hot start against the Crimson Tide, especially since both games were on the Mountaineers’ home ice.

There are more than 40 organized club sports at West Virginia University, so it may be hard to keep track of every single one. However, the WVU men’s rugby club is the oldest organized club sport at the university, dating back to 1974. The original team had only 18 members on the roster; cur…

West Virginia University’s Division 1 club men’s hockey team narrowly missed the American Collegiate Hockey Association National Championships last season under new head coach Kyle Richards.

The Daily Athenaeum logo WVU's Independent Student Newspaper