Darius Stills TTU

Nov. 9, 2019: Junior Darius Stills shows emotion after the WVU loss to Texas Tech.

Junior defensive tackle Darius Stills announced via Twitter Friday night that he will not be declaring for the NFL Draft and will return to WVU for his senior season.

“I would love to thank my family for staying by my side through thick & thin, through all the blood, sweat, & tears,” Stills wrote. “Without them I don’t know where I would be today.”

Darius plays alongside his younger brother Dante on the defensive line. The Stills brothers tied for the team lead in sacks this season with seven each. Both were named to All-Big 12 teams, Darius the first team and Dante the second team.

Their father, Gary Stills, also has ties to WVU. Gary was an All-Big East linebacker for the Mountaineers in the mid-90s, registering 26 career sacks. He went on to play 10 seasons in the NFL, registering 191 tackles.

“These past 3 years having the opportunity to live out my childhood dreams of playing football and being able to showcase my talents for West Virginia University holds a special place in my heart & I wouldn’t trade it for the world.”

Darius has played in 32 games during his three years at WVU. He has 55 career tackles, 17 tackles for loss and eight sacks.

“With all that said and after talking with God and my family I have decided to forgo the 2020 NFL draft and return for my senior season,” Stills concluded, “I am excited for what the 2020 season has in store for coach Neal Brown & for the team.”