West Virginia head coach Neal Brown talks to Jack Allison prior to him replacing the injured Austin Kendall at quarterback.

October 12, 2019: West Virginia head coach Neal Brown talks to Jack Allison prior to him replacing the injured Austin Kendall at quarterback.

One team’s losing streak will come to an end Saturday when the Texas Tech Red Raiders come to Morgantown to face the West Virginia Mountaineers at Milan Puskar Stadium.

WVU (3-5, 1-4 Big 12) has lost four straight games while Texas Tech (3-5, 1-5) has lost three in a row. This will be the Mountaineers’ first game at home since Oct. 12.

“We’re excited to get back home,” head coach Neal Brown said. “We haven’t played at home, I think it’s going to be five weeks almost, and so we’re excited to get back in front of the home crowd. It’s game between two teams that are really hungry for a win.”

When these teams met last season, both were ranked, with West Virginia at No. 12 and TTU at No. 25. The Mountaineers prevailed in Lubbock, 42-34, but there has been a lot of change on both teams since then.

One constant will be that West Virginia will see the same back-up quarterback they did a year ago, Jett Duffey. In last year’s meeting, starting quarterback Alan Bowman left the game in the second quarter, replaced by Duffey. Again this season,

Bowman is injured, and Duffey has been playing.

Duffey threw for 172 yards and a touchdown and ran for 86 and another score in the contest last year. In six games this year, Duffey has thrown for 1,420 yards and nine touchdowns.

On defense, the Red Raiders are led by a senior at each level, Broderick Washington Jr. on the defensive line, Jordyn Brooks at linebacker and Douglas Coleman III in the secondary. Coleman leads the country in interceptions with seven and Brooks leads the team in tackles (87) and tackles for loss (15.5).

Brown said it is important for the team to start off right in November to finish the season strong.

“All teams are judged and remembered for how they finish, and this is our opportunity, coming back home,” he said.

Kickoff at Milan Puskar Stadium will be at noon on Saturday, and the game will be broadcast on ESPN2.