WVU V KANSAS 13

WVU players look towards the field before taking on Kansas.

Coming off their first win since Sept. 21, the West Virginia football team returns to Milan Puskar Stadium this weekend as it takes on Oklahoma State in the Mountaineers’ home regular season finale.

In Oklahoma State (7-3, 4-3 Big 12), WVU will go head-to-head with one of the nation’s best running backs: Chuba Hubbard.

Hubbard, a redshirt sophomore, currently leads the nation with 1,726 rushing yards while also ranking second nationally with 20 rushing touchdowns.

In the Big 12, Hubbard is the conference’s leading scorer with 122 total points. He also leads the conference in all-purpose yards with 1,850.

“Strength, speed, balance — [he’s] got a really good burst, finds the hole and he’s really got good vision,” West Virginia defensive coordinator Vic Koenning said. “[Oklahoma State] does a lot of things where they just hand him the ball and you got six guys and, if they add the tight end in there, that’s seven or eight gaps and he seems like he finds ‘em.”

The WVU defense will attempt to contain Hubbard, despite ranking as having the third worst rushing defense in the Big 12.

Offensively, West Virginia (4-6, 2-3 Big 12) will look to build off of a successful first start from transfer quarterback Jarret Doege.

Against Kansas State on Saturday, Doege threw for 234 yards and three touchdowns, leading the Mountaineers to a 24-20 win over the Wildcats.

Currently, the Mountaineers rank last in the Big 12 in scoring offense, as well as total offense.

Saturday’s game will be the last career home football game for a variety of Mountaineers, such as Colton McKivitz, Hakeem Bailey, Keith Washington II and George Campbell, among others.

The game will kick off at noon and will be televised on ESPN.