The WVU men’s and women’s swim and dive teams got their final tune up on Saturday at the annual Gold-Blue meet at the WVU Natatorium.

The Gold team won by a score of 228-133. The women’s Gold team won 120-66 while the men’s Gold team won 108-67.

Both teams were split up equally but the Gold team showed their dominance as they controlled  the meet from the beginning. Trayton Saladin, Fausto Huerta, Morgan Bullock and Julia Nilton all contributed for Gold in the first event, leading to a victory in the 200 yard medley relay.

The Blue team responded quickly with a pair of victories from Alex Pampalone in the women’s 600 freestyle and Max Gustafson in the men’s 600 freestyle.

The Gold team then won six consecutive events: Giselle Gusroy (200 free), David Dixon (200 free), Emily Haimes (50 free), Hunter Armstrong (50 free), Reka Kovacs (200 individual medley) and Dixon again in the 200 individual medley.

Gold continued their impressive performance with Bullock and Dixon winning the 100 fly and Christopher O’Shea taking the 100 free. Gold would also go on to win the men’s 200 back, women’s 300 free, both men’s and women’s 100 breast and lastly the 400 free relay. 

Blue was only able to add three more wins on the day, including the 100 free from Emma Bliss, the 200 back from Ally VanNetta and the 300 free courtesy of Gustafson.

"I was very pleased with the overall effort and commitment to what we have been working on over the past six weeks,” head coach Vic Riggs said. “With that said, there were some areas that I noticed we will need to improve upon over the next two weeks as we prepare for Penn State.”

The Mountaineers will have a couple weeks of practice before their regular season begins on the road on Friday, Oct. 11 at 5:00 p.m. as the men go up against Penn State. On Saturday, Oct. 12 at noon, the women will also compete against the Nittany Lions.