WVU golfer Matthew Sharpstene drives a ball across the fairway at the Martin Downs Golf Club in Florida.

The Mountaineers golf team will be on the attack in the Old Town Club Collegiate Invitational this Monday and Tuesday — its second major tournament of the season.

The Winston-Salem, North Carolina-based tournament will feature a loaded field of 13 teams, which features five teams ranked nationally in the top 20 by Golfweek, such as top-ranked Wake Forest, No. 7 Louisville , No. 8 Washington and No. 13 Penn State. West Virginia checks in at No. 17.

The team is coming off a solid performance at The Gopher Invitational two weeks ago, where it finished in fifth place with a team score of six-over-par.

Led by junior Matthew Sharpstene and senior Philipp Matlari, the Mountaineers face a tough challenge at the Old Town Club golf course, which is ranked as the 23rd best golf course in the country by Golfweek.

Last year at Old Town Club, the team ended up finishing 8th in the final standings out of 12 teams.

After this week’s tournament wraps up, the Mountaineers will return home. They will host the annual Health Plan Mountaineer Invitational in Bridgeport from Oct. 7-8.