will grier tennessee

Sept. 1, 2018; Will Grier running the ball late in the second quarter against Tennessee

yodny cajuste tennessee

Sept. 1, 2018; Yodny Cajuste flexing after WVU's 40-14 win over Tennessee

After no West Virginia players were drafted in the first-round of the 2019 NFL Draft on Thursday night, two Mountaineers heard their names called in the third round on Friday — Will Grier and Yodny Cajuste.

Grier, a two-year starter at quarterback for WVU and native of Charlotte, North Carolina, was the fifth quarterback chosen in the Draft, being selected No. 100 overall by the Carolina Panthers.

"He’s all ball,” Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said of Grier. “You can tell he’s from a football family and it’s extremely important to him -- he’s an extremely mature young man and I think the things that really stand out is how he does interact with his teammates and how his teammates interact with him, and that’s really important at that position.”

Going only one selection behind Grier was offensive tackle Yodny Cajuste, who was drafted No. 101 by the New England Patriots after being a three-year starter for the Mountaineers.

“Fairly athletic kid,” Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio said of Cajuste. “A player that we spent some time with in a couple different checkpoints here.”

There are four remaining Mountaineers who have yet to be drafted and attended the NFL Combine in February in David Sills, Gary Jennings, Trevon Wesco and David Long.

The final four rounds of the NFL Draft conclude Saturday, with round four beginning at noon.