The West Virginia gymnastics team cmpeted at home on Sunday for the first time on the season and defeated both New Hampshire and Temple with a total score of 196.025 points.

New Hampshire finished the day with a total score of 195.125 while Temple notched 191.925 points.

The Mountaineers came out strong on the day as the pair of Yancey’s — Kianna and Kayla — kicked off the vault portion of the day with totals of 9.775 and 9.750 points, respectively.

“[Yancey and Abby Kaufman are] putting in more numbers in practice, they’re putting in more numbers at the meets, and it’s hard on their bodies and for them to persevere, and to do that week after week is huge,” WVU head coach Jason Butts said.

Chloe Cutchey took home the crown for the vault after totaling 9.8 points with Temple’s Ariana Castrence finishing with 9.8 points as well, and Mountaineer Julia Merwin also notching 9.8 points in the vault portion.

“We definitely always want to start with that hit event, and vault’s a pretty intense event… so to come out and go the strongest in my opinion performance wise this year definitely set a great tone for the meet,” Butts said.

West Virginia then moved over to the bars portion of the meet where Esperanza Abarca led it off with an impressive total of 9.850 points.

Kianna Yancey finished off the bars portion for the Mountaineers with the highest score of the day at 9.875 points. Abarca’s 9.850 points gave her second place on the day while New Hampshire’s Kylie Gorgenyi came in at third with 9.8 points.

Abarca and McKenna Linnen began the beam part of the competition while each notching 9.725 points before Kaufman and Pierson both earned totals of 9.825 after a pair of impressive showings.

A pair of New Hampshire gymnasts in Alyssa Worthington and Emma Winer finished in the top two on the day with 9.9 and 9.825 points, respectively.

The Mountaineers then blew away New Hampshire and Temple on the floor mat as Cluchey, Combs and Erica Fontaine finished in the top three with 9.925, 9.9 and 9.9 points, respectively.

West Virginia had two gymnasts land in the top three on the day in all around points totaled as Kianna Yancey tallied ,39.150 points and Kaufman finished with 29.250 points total.

The Mountaineers will now travel to Washington, D.C. next, for a meeting with William and Mary on Friday at the Charles E. Smith Center.