Jan. 26, 2020. Junior McKenna Linnen performs her floor routine.

The West Virginia gymnastics team traveled to Norman, Oklahoma, to face Texas Woman’s University and No. 1 Oklahoma on Friday to conclude its regular season Big 12 Conference slate. 

WVU’s complete rotation order was bars, balance beam, floor exercise and vault. The Mountaineers are 0-2 this season when opening on bars. 

Sophomore Esperanza Abarca started the rotation off for the Mountaineers with a score of 9.8, coming in seventh place.  Matching her score was freshman Kianna Yancey, who for the fourth time this season posted a 9.8 on bars. 

Junior Sydney Marler and freshman Kayla Yancey both had a score of 9.775 and tied for ninth place. Sophomore Kendra Combs scored a 9.75 and came in 12th place. Senior Chole Cluchey notched a score of 9.7 and came in 14th. The team finished with a team score of 48.900. 

Junior McKenna Linnen led the Mountaineers on the balance beam with a score of 9.675.  Senior Abby Kaufman added her score of 9.7, and she was followed by freshman Abbie Pierson who notched a score of 9.75. Combs came in 16th place with a score of 9.575. 

Senior Erica Fontaine competed on beam for the first time this season and earned a score of 9.65, placing her in 14th place. Abarca ended the rotation for the Mountaineers on the beam with a score of 9.775, earning her sixth place. Abarca matched her season high with the score. WVU’s team score for beam was 48.55. 

The Mountaineers had an impressive run on the floor exercise as all six that competed in the rotation posted a 9.8 or better. Linnen lead the exercise off with a 9.825, and Combs followed with a 9.8 coming in 11th place. Pierson scored another 9.825 mark for the Mountaineers. 

Kaufman had a big night on the floor, where she matched her career high score of 9.875, putting her at third place. Fontaine kept the momentum with her score of 9.85. Kianna Yancey finished the floor exercise for the Mountaineers with a score of 9.85. WVU finished with a team score of 146.675. 

Kianna Yancey started the vault off with a score of 9.8 and ended up in tenth place and was followed by Cluchey who got a score of 9.775. Senior Julia Merwin scored a 9.825, ended up in seventh place. Merwin was just short of a career high score. 

Kaufman hit a 9.6, putting her in seventeenth place, and Kayla Yancey added her score of 9.675. Pierson closed on the vault for WVU with a score of 9.825, putting her in seventh place. The Mountaineers matched their season high on vault with a team score of 48.9. 

The Mountaineers will travel to Pitt in their next contest, taking on the Panthers on Friday at 7 p.m.