wvu kent score

The WVU hockey club dropped their sixth straight game, losing to 17th-ranked Kent State, 4-3.

West Virginia (8-9-3) drew first blood a little over five minutes into the game, with a goal. Forward David Polinski got the puck to center Cullin Cosgrove who found the back of the net to go up 1-0.

The Golden Flashes (17-7-2) would even the score over ten minutes later.

Eric Keefe would score with 18 minutes left in the second period, but Kent State would answer a few minutes later to even up the score 2-2.

Goalie Ryan Wickeiser would allow two more Golden Flash goals to give Kent State a commanding 4-2 lead after two periods.

Keefe would score again with 50 seconds left in the game, but it was too little too late.

The Mountaineers return to action at Slipper Rock on Friday. WVU lost the last meeting between the two teams, 7-3, on Jan. 7, 2017.

In addition to being a sports writer for the DA, John is a freelance reporter for the Associated Press and the Dominion Post. John is also a writer and editor at the Smoking Musket (WVU's SB Nation community).

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.