West Virginia head coach Marlon LeBlanc looks toward the stands following Marshall's 2-1 victory over WVU at Hoops Family Field on Nov. 24, 2019.

Marlon LeBlanc, who has served as West Virginia's head men's soccer coach since the 2006 season, has resigned the position effective Dec. 30, WVU athletic director Shane Lyons announced on Thursday.

“I want to thank Marlon for leading our men’s soccer program for the past 14 years,” Lyons said in a press release. “He took over a team when it was going through some tough times and guided it back to being a competitive program that performed well in the classroom and the community. We appreciate his work ethic and his accomplishments at West Virginia University.”

A national search for LeBlanc's replacement will begin immediately, according to Lyons.

LeBlanc's contract to serve as head coach was set to expire at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31.

In his 14 seasons at the helm of the program, LeBlanc guided the Mountaineers to a record of 138-100-34. The team made six NCAA Tournament stints during his tenure.

This past season, LeBlanc lead West Virginia to a record of 10-9-2, winning the Mid-American Conference (MAC) Championship Final before falling to Marshall in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.