Baylor guard Jared Butler (12) attempts a jumper Saturday against TCU.

Baylor guard Jared Butler (12) attempts a jumper Saturday against TCU. Butler leads the Bears in scoring, averaging 15.3 points per game.

No. 1 Baylor: The Bears are the only team this season to hold the top spot in the AP Poll for longer than two weeks. A tough road win against Kansas State on Monday gave Baylor its 19th straight win, which is the third longest streak ever by a Big 12 team. Baylor thrives in the backcourt with guards Jared Butler and MaCio Teague combining for more than 29 points per game, while big man Freddie Gillespie is averaging a near double-double with 10 points and nine rebounds per game. Baylor plays its next game at home against Oklahoma State on Saturday.

No. 3 Kansas: The Jayhawks are led by two Top 20 Wooden Award finalists in guard Devon Dotson and center Udoka Azubuike. Dotson is averaging 18 points per game while Azubuike leads the nation in shooting percentage, converting around 76% of his shots. The Jayhawks shoot nearly 50% from the field as a team. Kansas will travel to TCU this weekend before a road trip to Morgantown to visit West Virginia on Feb. 12.

No. 13 West Virginia: The Mountaineers were able to avenge an early season loss to Kansas State over the weekend, knocking off the Wildcats by a 66-57 final score on Saturday. The frontcourt for the Mountaineers is one to watch with freshman Oscar Tshiebwe and Derek Culver each averaging close to a double-double, both with 11 points and nine rebounds per game. This comes as a huge help as West Virginia has struggled with perimeter shooting. Despite the shooting woes, the Mountaineers are grabbing rebounds on 40% of their missed shots and are in the top 10 in rebounding nationally at 41.5 rebounds per game. They will travel to Norman, Oklahoma, to visit the Sooners on Saturday.

Texas Tech: After losing players like Tariq Owens, Matt Mooney and NBA first round draft pick Jarrett Culver from last season’s team, Texas Tech is certainly down — but not out. The Red Raiders earned their 11th win at home this season on Tuesday after defeating Oklahoma. Led by freshman guard Jahmi’us Ramsey, who is averaging 15.7 points per game, Texas Tech has almost five players averaging double-digit scoring. The Red Raiders also convert 76% of their free throws. Chris Beard’s team will travel to Texas for a contest against the in-state rival Longhorns in a crucial game on Saturday.

Oklahoma: The Sooners are on the bubble when it comes to the conference and the NCAA Tournament. Oklahoma is sixth in the conference in scoring, averaging 71 points per game while shooting 42% from the floor. However, over half of those points come from three players: forward Brady Manek (16 points per game), guard Austin Reaves (14.6) and forward Kristian Doolittle (14.1). The next highest average on the team is guard Devion Harmon at 7.6. Head coach Lon Kruger’s team is desperate for some quality wins if they want to make the big dance, and will have the opportunity with three of its next four games at home, including West Virginia on Saturday and Baylor on Feb. 18 in Norman.