The No. 12 West Virginia men’s basketball team will head to Lubbock, Texas, on Wednesday in hopes of adding a good road win to its resume.

The Mountaineers (16-3, 4-2 Big 12) defeated the Red Raiders (12-7, 3-3) earlier this season at the WVU Coliseum by a final score of 66-54.  West Virginia’s Miles “Deuce” McBride led all scorers with 22 points in that game.

WVU is coming off another double-digit home victory when it hosted the Big 12/SEC Challenge against Missouri on Saturday.  The Mountaineers held the Tigers to 28% shooting from the field and 26% from behind the arc on their way to a comfortable 74-51 win.  WVU also held a 50-30 rebounding advantage.

The Mountaineer defense has held its opponents to shooting just under 35% from the field and 26% from the three-point line this season, leading the Big 12 Conference in both categories.

Additionally, WVU also leads the Big 12 in rebounds (42 per game), offensive rebounds (15 per game) and rebounding margin (9.8).

Freshman Oscar Tshiebwe and sophomore Derek Culver are now second and third in the Big 12 in rebounding at 9.4 and 9.3 boards per game, respectively.  They trail Kansas big man Udoka Azubuike by only a tenth of a rebound as he averages 9.5 rebounds per game for the conference lead.

Tshiebwe and Culver also lead the Mountaineers in scoring as Tshiebwe contributes 11.8 points per game while Culver puts in 10.4.  McBride is the other Mountaineer in double-digits, averaging 10.4 points per game.

Texas Tech is looking to get back on track against West Virginia as the Red Raiders are coming off two straight losses last week.  They started by losing on the road against the TCU Horned Frogs by double-digits on Jan. 21, and then came home and lost to the No. 15 Kentucky Wildcats in overtime on Saturday.

The Red Raiders are led by freshman Jahmi’us Ramsey at 14.9 points per game.  He is followed by steady junior Davide Moretti, who puts in 13.1 points per game.  Ramsey and Moretti are also Texas Tech’s best three-point shooters, combining to shoot 72-of-188 for 38% on the season.

Versatile big man Chris Clarke leads the Red Raiders in rebounding with 7.9 rebounds per game while also leading in assists with 5.5 per game.

Texas Tech has been a very tough team to beat at home, with its only two losses coming by five points against the Baylor Bears, who are currently sitting at 17-1 and ranked number 1 in the country, and in the last game against No. 15 Kentucky by two points.

The game on Wednesday will begin at 8 p.m. from United Supermarkets Arena and can be streamed on Big 12 Now as a part of ESPN+.