Following his first goal of the game, West Virginia forward Rodrigo Robles Grajera comes together with his teammates.

Following his first goal of the game, West Virginia forward Rodrigo Robles Grajera (center) comes together with his teammates.

The West Virginia men’s soccer team is traveling to the southwestern corner of Ohio for a matchup with the Cincinnati Bearcats on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Cincinnati is currently sitting in the basement of the American Athletic Conference with a 1-4 record and has lost each of its last three. The teams’s most recent loss came at the hands of Western Michigan by a score of 1-5 on Saturday.

The Mountaineers seem to be heading in the opposite direction of the Bearcats as they are coming off a 5-2 victory over No. 15 Coastal Carolina on Friday. The Mountaineers are currently sitting at 3-1-1, which is tied for first in the MAC with Bowling Green State University.

After the Mountaineers scored a season-high five goals against the Chanticleers, head coach Marlon Leblanc said, “We were on another level this evening. Besides the two goals we gave up, it’s arguably one of the best performances we’ve had in my 14 years here. It was that good.”

Since 1986, the Mountaineers and Bearcats have played only five soccer matches. In those five, the Mountaineers are 5-0, winning by a combined score of 9-1. The most recent win was last year in Morgantown by a score of 2-0.

Tuesday’s game, kicking off at 7 p.m., will take place at Gettler Stadium.