This Sunday, the West Virginia gymnastic team will compete in a tri-meet against Western Michigan and William & Mary.

The Mountaineers are coming into this meet with a recent win against New Hampshire, 195.8-195.225.

"This still wasn’t the best performance we can put out there," said WVU head coach Jason Butts. "To get that kind of a score at the second meet, it would have been our second high score of all season last year. So to be there in January right now, especially coming off our performance in Denver, I’m really excited with the direction we are headed in."

Junior Alexa Goldberg won first place overall with a score of 39.255, a personal best and career-high. She was also awarded with first on floor with a score of 9.96, along with a first on bars at 9.9.

Freshman Kirah Koshinki was also able to achieve a career-high during that meet, getting 9.9 vault. Koshinki currently has two Big 12 Newcomer Honor awards under her belt, receiving them in back-to-back weeks.

WVU dominated on vault after having Mountaineers win each of the first, second and third place awards.

Koshinki won first with a 9.9 score, sophomore Zaakira Muhammad received second place, getting 9.850 and senior Jaida Lawrence’s score of 9.825 landed her the third place finish.

Western Michigan is also coming into this match with a win. Their last match was against Bowling Green and Eastern Michigan. The Broncos earned first with a score of 195.275, Eastern Michigan received second with 195.050 and Bowling Green came in third with a score of 193.575.

Bronco Junior Anna Corbett was awarded with first place all-around, earning 39.125.

Freshman Rachael Underwood received first place in the beam and second on the floor, scoring 9.875 and 9.825, respectively.

William & Mary are the only competitors coming into this match coming off of a loss from its most recent match. They received second place against Temple, 190.150-190.00.

Tribe senior Brittany Stover won all-around with a score of 38.225, also receiving first on vault and getting a 9.8.

Freshman Aaliyah Kerr was awarded first on floor with a score of 9.750.

"Dollar Day" will be in place for this match, meaning that tickets, sodas, hot dogs and popcorn will be available for just $1 each. The match will begin at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 24, at the Coliseum.

The tri-match against the Mountaineers, Broncos and the Tribe will be held in Morgantown.

"It’s nice to be home to continue to work out the kinks and not have the stress and the fatigue, of traveling," Butts said. "And then take advantage of having that all worked out to get some great scores on the road."