The West Virginia baseball team continued their Big 12 Tournament success, knocking off Texas Tech on Thursday evening, 4-1.

Texas Tech right-hander Caleb Kilian began the night dealing to Mountaineer batters while only allowing a lone baserunner through the first three innings — with one out in the top of the second, Paul McIntosh slashed a single into left center field.

Mountaineer right-hander Alek Manoah wasn’t at his best as he was bashed with a pair of hits before Texas Tech’s Brian Klein flew out to right field to bring home Gabe Colt with two outs in the bottom of the third.

The next inning saw No. 4 seeded West Virginia take a one run lead over Texas Tech. Following a Darius Hill triple to left center, which plated Brandon White for the tie score, Marques Inman flied out to center field to bring around Hill for a one-run lead with one out.

Following the lone run served up in the third, the Manoah allowed only one more hit through the next five innings while allowing four hits and striking out 10 batters through eight total innings.

West Virginia was able to extend their lead by two more runs in the eighth inning when Tevin Tucker sent a flyball out to right field, which was enough for Kevin Brophy to tag up from third and score.

A few batters later, White shot a single to right field to score TJ Lake for the three-run lead.

The sixth and seventh innings saw White make a pair of highlight reel catches in center field to keep the momentum on the Mountaineers side and to eliminate any threat of a comeback from the No. 1 seeded Red Raiders.

The Mountaineers weren’t done offensively as the ninth inning saw Ivan Gonzalez drive a double to right/center field to bring home Austin Davis for the fifth and final run of the day.

West Virginia will now wait until Saturday morning to take on the winner of the Texas Tech and Kansas matchup. First pitch on Saturday will come at 10 a.m.