The West Virginia men’s soccer team knocked off Cincinnati in overtime on Tuesday night, ending in a final score of 2-1.  

On a night where each team shared a goal apiece in regulation, Kevin Morris gave the Mountaineers the victory in overtime. The goal marked Morris’ fourth score of his career at West Virginia and first of the season. 

Cincinnati (1-5-0) struck first on the night with a Darryn Commissiong goal 18 minutes into the first half, which put the Bearcats ahead 1-0. Aerin West and Trey Asensio assisted the score.

The Mountaineers were outmuscled on the offensive side of the ball during the entire first period, getting off only three shots as opposed to the Bearcats nine shots. 

West Virginia (4-1-1) made it an easy first period for Cincinnati goalkeeper Noah Lawrence with no shots on goal as opposed to the Bearcats’ four shots on goal. 

WVU came out firing in the second period and quickly knotted the score at 1-1 behind an Andres Muriel Albino score four minutes into the period. The goal marked the senior’s fifth of the season and second match in a row with a goal. 

West Virginia ended the second period outshooting Cincinnati by a 9-2 margin.

The match then went into overtime where Morris ended the night with a goal five minutes into the period for the Mountaineer victory. 

WVU will take on Dayton at Dick Dlesk Soccer Stadium on Saturday with the opening kick coming at 7 p.m.