For the second time this season, West Virginia will compete in two events in as many days.

The Mountaineer track and field team will compete in the Jesse Owens Classic and the Virginia Challenge this weekend. Both events begin on Friday and will end on Saturday.

The Virginia Challenge comes first, where West Virginia will compete against 48 other teams. Events begin at 10 a.m. on Friday and at 9 a.m. on Saturday.

The Jesse Owens Classic begins at 2 p.m. on Friday with competition on Saturday starting at 10 a.m. The event takes place in Columbus, Ohio. The last time the Mountaineers traveled to the Buckeye State was for the Miami Duals on April 2, only for the event to be cancelled because of inclement weather.

That same weekend was the last time West Virginia competed in multiple events in the same weekend. The Mountaineers competed in the Texas Relays and Stanford Invitational on April 1. Sophomore Shamoya McNeil led West Virginia at the Relays by finishing fifth in the triple jump with a leap of 12.76 meters. At Stanford, fellow sophomore Jillian Forsey had the best result, finishing 14th in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 16:05.89.

The Mountaineers most recently competed at the Bison Outdoor Classic last weekend. Senior Tori Bertrand won her second consecutive pole vault event in as many weeks with a 3.75-meter mark. Sophomore Bria Welker also finished in the top five of her event. She got fifth place in the 400-meter dash in a time of 56.61.

Several unattached runners were also in action and finished strong. Freshman Olivia Hill won the 3,000-meter run in a time of 10:01.90. Fellow freshman Candace Jones finished first in her section in the 800-meter run. Her time of 2:10.96 got her the second best score of the entire group. Sophomore Allie Diehl also competed in the 5,000 meter run, and her career-best time of 18:06.90 got her 21st place.

Head coach Sean Cleary liked what he saw last weekend from the entire group.

"We had a very good weekend," Cleary said in an interview with WVUsports.com. "The weather was perfect, and with that came the many performances we were looking for. The vast majority of our group had either lifetime or season-best marks. If we can get a few more weekends like this, we will be setting ourselves up for a very successful season."

Cleary is stressing "(taking) care of business" for the remainder of the regular season.

"Time management is imperative as we draw closer to the postseason and final exams," Cleary said. "Only those that can manage both aspects of their lives will be standing when the last important meet arrives."

Now, West Virginia splits up for two different events in two different states. Cleary will divide the team up to where he believes his athletes will best succeed as the regular season winds down.