The West Virginia men’s soccer team will be hosting the Dayton Flyers on Saturday at 7 p.m. at Dick Dlesk Stadium. 

The Mountaineers currently sit at No. 20 in the Men’s United Soccer Coaches Poll and are tied for first in the Mid-American Conference with a record of 4-1-1. The Flyers are unranked nationally and sit at No. 9 in the Atlantic 10 Conference. 

Coming off of a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Bearcats on Tuesday, WVU has also won three of the last four by outscoring their opponents 9-4. Dayton, on the other hand, is coming off of a big 5-0 victory over Detroit Mercy and has won two of their last three.

West Virginia head coach Marlon LeBlanc is eager to see if the team’s success from the second half of the Cincinnati game will carry over.

"The turnaround, the change, the tempo in the second half was at another level of expectation for this team," LeBlanc said. "We went forward with numbers, we defended better as a pack, we did a much better job in terms of execution our game plan and finding a way to get a result."

The Mountaineers and Flyers have only faced off two times in the past. Both matchups ended with West Virginia shutting out Dayton and picking up the win — In 2018, the Mountaineers won 2-0 and in 2017, they won 1-0. 

The Flyers are sitting at 2-4 on the year and have played three teams that the Mountaineers have remaining on their schedule: Bowling Green, Ohio State and Northern Illinois. The only win in those three games for the Flyers came against Northern Illinois. West Virginia will play the first of those three right after Dayton, taking on Ohio State next week.

Saturday’s matchup between Dayton and West Virginia will be streamed at wvusports.com.