The WVU women's volleyball team will host the Mountaineer Classic this weekend to close non-conference play.

The Mountaineers return home to take on Morehead State (8-2), Penn (2-5) and Wake Forrest (3-6) on Sept. 14 and 15 in the WVU Coliseum, ending their non-conference slate this weekend.

WVU will match up with Morehead State this Friday at 7 p.m. The Eagles finished last weekend with a 3-0 win against Duquesne. They ended the game with a total of 40 kills, 12 of which were earned from Jessie Wachtman. Freshman Allison Whitten led the Eagles with a total of 17 digs.

On Saturday, the Mountaineers will match up with Penn at 11 a.m. and Wake Forest at 7 p.m. Penn had a 3-1 win over Delaware State on Tuesday and ended the 4th match in a 25-22 victory. Maya Ngundam led the Quakers with a total of 17 kills against the Hornets.

Wake Forest defeated Akron on Saturday with a 3-0 win. Sophomore Caroline Kuhn led the team with a total of 11 kills out of 39 total.

The Mountaineers won 3-0 against Western Illinois last Friday, during the Florida Gulf Coast Tournament. After taking a 0-3 defeat against Albany on Saturday, WVU came back to win a 3-2 victory against the host, Florida Gulf Coast.

On Friday, the Mountaineers will host a book and school supply drive. Those who bring books or school supplies will receive a discounted ticket for $2. Saturday morning, the first 100 WVU fans will receive free coffee and doughnuts at the game. The first 250 fans get a free t-shirt.

WVU is only eight wins away from their 700th win program history. The Mountaineers currently hold a 692-727 all-time record.