For the ninth time this season, West Virginia forward Oscar Tshiebwe finished a game having scored double-digit points.

In WVU’s first game after falling to No. 3 Kansas on Saturday, Tshiebwe finished with 12 points and eight rebounds, leading the No. 17 Mountaineers over Oklahoma State Monday, 55-41.

In addition to Tshiebwe, guard Miles McBride contributed 10 points to West Virginia’s effort, while forward Derek Culver scored nine points and hauled in 12 rebounds.

Between the trio, 15 of their combined points came in the first half. The strong scoring performance allowed West Virginia (12-2, 1-1 Big 12) to enter halftime holding a 28-19 lead over the Cowboys. 

Oklahoma State (9-5, 0-2) struggled to mount any sort of comeback in the second half as its long-range shooting was non-existent. Despite entering the game shooting 31% from the three-point line, the Cowboys ended the night making only one three pointer in 20 attempts.

While the Mountaineers were scoreless over the game’s last four minutes, the Cowboys were unable to capitalize as they finished the game on a 1-of-7 scoring run. 

Lindy Waters III, who scored his 1,000th career point, finished the night with 12 points, leading Oklahoma State in scoring. Forward Cameron McGriff came in a close second, scoring 10 on 3-of-8 shooting from the field.

The Mountaineers will return home to take on No. 22 Texas Tech on Saturday. The opening tip from the WVU Coliseum in Morgantown will come at 6 p.m., with the game being broadcast on ESPN2.