The Mountaineers couldn’t catch a win in any of the three sets on Saturday, suffering a loss to the No. 4 ranked Texas Longhorns.

In the first set, kills from Kristin Lux and Katelyn Evans gave WVU an early lead. Texas tied the frame up at 11 after a kill. Natania Levak hit her first of many kills to put the Mountaineers up one. The set was back-and-forth until the Longhorns went on a 3-0 scoring run.

After a WVU timeout, Texas served up an ace increasing their lead to 21-17. After a trio of kills, the Longhorns take the first set 25-18 leading the match 1-0.

In the second set, UT came out hitting and took an early 4-0 lead. Levak found the middle of the floor cutting WVU’s deficit to one, 5-4. A Texas attacking error tied the set up 5-5. The Longhorns went on a 3-0 scoring run and after a WVU timeout, Texas put down a pair of kills , increasing their lead 10-5.

Another Levak kill put a stop to Texas’ scoring run. A kill from Evans cut the team's deficit 16-9, but the Longhorns kept putting them down, taking the second set 25-15, leading the match 2-0.

The Mountaineers came out hitting in the third set, taking an early lead from back-to-back kills from Kristin Lux, 6-4. Lux continued to find the middle of the floor with kills and an ace, increasing the lead 10-7.

Texas tied the set up, 12-12, after a West Virginia attacking error. Midway through the frame, the Mountaineers held a one-point lead, but Texas tied it up after another WVU attacking error.

The Longhorns scored six in a row, putting 20 on the board (20-16). After a Mountaineer timeout, Texas served up an ace to make it 22-16. UT reached set and match point off a kill, sweeping the Mountaineers 3-0.

Lux, a freshman outside hitter, led the team with 11 kills. Junior outside hitter Evans followed with nine kills. Levak played a strong match, notching eight kills.

West Virginia is on the road for a match against Kansas on Oct. 3. The Mountaineers are four wins away from snagging their 700th win in program history.