The West Virginia wrestling team ended its road stint through the state of Oklahoma in sluggish fashion Sunday afternoon, falling to the Sooners by a final score of 22-18.

The 125-pound weight class saw Sooner Christian Moody knock off Joey Thomas by a score of 3-0.

The next group saw Anthony Madrigal defeat Mountaineer Lucas Seibert by a 5-0 final score in the 133-pound contest.

The first Mountaineer victory of the day saw Caleb Rea take out Don Demas in only two minutes by a 6-0 final. Rea’s victory in the 141-pound weight class was the first of four on the day for West Virginia.

The 149-pound weight class saw the Sooners take home the crown as Jacob Butler led it off for Oklahoma, taking down West Virginia’s Liam Lusher, 4-0.

Justin Thomas then followed up in the 157-pound weight class with a 3-0 final against WVU’s Alex Hornfeck.

West Virginia got back into the win column behind Nick Kiussis’s 6-0 win over Sam Dover in the 165-pound class.

After another pair of Oklahoma victories, Noah Adams and Brandon Ngati led the way to victory for the Mountaineers in the final two rounds. Adams took down Jake Woodley, 3-0, before Ngati was able to defeat Josiah Jones by a final score of 3-0.

"We had a chance to beat a solid team today and fell a little short," WVU coach Tim Flynn said. "Caleb and Noah had huge wins today. I'm proud of how our guys fought until the very end."

The Mountaineers will now come back home for a meeting with South Dakota State on Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. The team will recognize Brandon Ngati, WVU’s lone senior, as part of Senior Night festivities.