The No. 22 West Virginia baseball team was striking on all cylinders Wednesday night as the Mountaineers picked up a 7-2 victory over the Virginia Tech Hokies.

West Virginia right-hander Nick Snyder, coming off of a one-hitter against Marshall in his last start, struck out 12 batters in 6 1/3 innings of work, giving up only two runs on five hits while walking four.

Offensively, infielders Kevin Brophy and Marques Inman led the Mountaineers as both juniors contributed three RBIs to the win.

Brophy’s offensive impact started in the second inning after he homered to left field, driving in two runs as senior catcher Ivan Gonzalez was on second base.

With Inman on third base, a ground out from Brophy in the fourth inning drove in another run and gave the Mountaineers a 3-0 lead. In the following at-bat, freshman infielder Tevin Tucker was able to drive in West Virginia’s fourth run of the game.

West Virginia (29-17) was able to add in some insurance runs in the eighth inning as, following a walk and a single, Inman sent a 3-1 pitch over the fence in left-center field for a three-run home run.

However, WVU wasn’t the only team controlling the run column.

Once the fifth inning came around, the Hokies were finally able to get on the board as they scored a run off of a wild pitch from Snyder.

In the seventh inning, Snyder was pulled after giving up a hit to senior Virginia Tech infielder Jack Owens. Sophomore right-hander Tristen Hudson, who replaced Snyder, hit a batter and was promptly pulled in favor of senior left-hander Zach Reid.

After Reid hit his first batter faced to load the bases, a third-straight hit-by-pitch scored the second run of the game for the Hokies.

Following the bottom of the seventh inning, Virginia Tech (25-25) was held scoreless for the rest of the game.

In the ninth inning, WVU head coach Randy Mazey brought on freshman right-hander Zach Ottinger who, after sitting down the only three batters he faced, sealed the win for the Mountaineers.

West Virginia will rest on Thursday before traveling to Kansas State as they start a three-game series against the Wildcats on Friday. First pitch from Friday’s game will come at 7 p.m.