Alek Manoah at first

May 7, 2017; Alek Manoah tags first base after an unassisted ground out in the fourth inning against Texas Tech

The West Virginia baseball team will look to keep their success rolling as they open up a three-game series with the Texas Tech Red Raiders on Friday.

Games will take place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Monongalia County Ballpark in Morgantown. First pitch on Friday will come at 6:30 pm, followed by 4 pm on Saturday and 1 pm on Sunday.

The Mountaineers enter the series having picked up wins in their last two series. They defeated both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State during the past two weekends, picking up two wins in each series.

In the Red Raiders, the Mountaineers are taking on a team that has been rolling as of late.

Most recently, Texas Tech defeated New Mexico State on Tuesday, 10-5. Prior to that, the Red Raiders have won their last three three-game series.

Tech has achieved their No. 3 rank in the Big 12 Conference primarily due to their strong offense.

The Red Raiders currently have two players located at the top of the Big 12 in runs batted in: senior infielder Cameron Warren, with 40, and junior infielder Brian Klein, with 34.

Warren, with eight, is also second in the Big 12 in home runs.

West Virginia head coach Randy Mazey will look to counter the high powered offense with a strong performance from his pitching staff.

Junior starter Alek Manoah was recently named National Pitcher of the Week by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA), having struck out 11 batters in eight innings of work against Oklahoma State.

In addition to Manoah, fellow starters Kade Strowd and Jackson Wolf feature sub-four ERAs, while the trio has combined for 139 strikeouts in 142 innings of work.

The weekend’s games will be streamed on WVUsports.com.