The WVU women's soccer team are headed to the Big 12 Championship final for the fourth time in six season with a 1-0 win over 18th-ranked Texas Longhorns.

“This team refused to lose tonight,” WVU head coach Nikki Izzo-Brown said. “Everyone had their hearts on their sleeves and had that iron will. I was so proud of them.”

In the 64th minute, Nadya Gill found Sh'Nia Gordon at the top of the penalty box who found the left side of the goal before Texas goalie Nicole Curry could catch it.

“We talked a lot at halftime about finding that goal,” Izzo-Brown said. “We created a lot of chances, and we knew Texas was tightening up. We just had to find that right finish, and Nia was the one to finish it. We talked a lot about maybe it would take that little bit of extra, but we knew if everyone did their job tonight, we would come out with a win.”

Gordon led the Mountaineers (13-4-3) offensively with seven shots, including two on-goal. Gill and Lauren Segalla both had five shots each (Segalla's all in the first half). Addison Clark added four.

Overall, West Virginia outshot the Longhorns (13-4-3), 28-9.

After Gordon's goal, UT had a couple off opportunities. One by Katie Glen which was saved by WVU goalie Rylee Foster in the 68th minute and another a minute later by Cydney Billups which went just left of the post.

Foster saved all four of Texas' shots-on-goal.

The Mountaineers will now play Baylor in the Big 12 Championship final in Kansas City on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. The match will be televised on FS1.

“We have to recover because Baylor is such a tough team,” Izzo-Brown said. “We know how tough they’re going to be. We’re playing for something big, and both teams are going to want it. We need to recover and get ready.”

In addition to being a sports writer for the DA, John is a freelance reporter for the Associated Press and the Dominion Post. John is also a writer and editor at the Smoking Musket (WVU's SB Nation community).