The 2019-2020 season for the West Virginia men’s and women’s swim and dive teams will kick off on Saturday, Sept. 28 at 10 a.m. in the intersquad Blue & Gold exhibition meet.

The Gold-Blue meet will be the held at the WVU Natatorium. The first event at the new Aquatics Center at Mylan Park will take place later in the season.

Both teams have high expectations for the new year. The men’s side returns junior David Dixon, who competed at the Phillips 66 National Championships. Dixon also qualified for the NCAA Championships a year ago.

The women’s team returns seniors Morgan Bullock and Julia Nilton. Bullock qualified for both the NCAAs and the Phillips 66 National Championships last season while being selected to the All-Big 12 first team. Nilton competed at the Phillips 66 National Championships as well and also earned first team All-Big 12 honors.

Head coach Vic Riggs enters his 13th year as head coach of both sides and is excited about the events that will be hosted at the Mountaineers’ new home venue.

“We will be hosting nine home events at the Aquatic Center at Mylan Park, starting with the annual West Virginia State Games on Nov. 1-2,” Riggs said in a press release. “In addition to four dual meets, we will be hosting a mid-season invite, the Big 12 Championships, the NCAA Last Chance Qualifier and the Zone A Diving Championships.”

The nine hosted meets at Mylan Park will break a program record for the most home events in WVU Swimming and Diving history.

The Mountaineers regular season will begin on the road on Friday, Oct. 11 at 5 p.m. as the men will go up against Penn State. On Saturday, Oct. 12 at noon, the women will also compete against the Nittany Lions.

Correction: A previous issue of this article said that the Gold-Blue meet would be the first event held at the new Aquatics Center. That is incorrect. The event will be held at the WVU Natatorium. We apologize for the error and it has been corrected.