West Virginia broke nine pool records at Villanova on Saturday.

Both West Virginia University swimming & diving teams shattered records in their trip to Villanova.

The Mountaineers men team stays undefeated as they earned an on the road dual meet victory in Philadelphia against the Wildcats.

The men’s team defeated the Wildcats 236-64 while the women’s team took their first loss of the season 154-146.

Sophomore David Dixon led the men with three individual wins, breaking two pool records, as well as a relay victory. For the women, junior Morgan Bullock also won three individuals, two of the win’s in record time.  

Additionally, three other WVU relay teams, a women’s 200 medley, men’s 200 medley, and a men’s 400 freestyle, broke pool records at Villanova.

The Mountaineers kicked off the competition by setting records in the women’s 200 medley, touching the wall at 1:44.10. WVU swept the Wildcats in the 100 breaststroke with senior Tristen Di Siblo recording a pool record with a time of 56.19. The Mountaineers earned the top-five times in the event.  

Bullock clinched her pool record in the 100 butterfly as she won by more than a second with a time of 55.58.

WVU concluded the individual events in a strong fashion, sweeping the individual 200 medleys, both beating the pool record time. Bullock finished in 2:03.1 leading the women and Dixon touched the wall at 1:48.05 for the men. WVU finished first, second, and third in the men’s event.

Swimming events concluded with more pool records broken by the Mountaineers with a win in the 400 freestyle relay in 3:02.89. The women came in second with a time of 3:26.95.

Although the women collected their first loss, head coach Vic Riggs feels this will be a lesson learned, as well as something to build on.

I’m really proud of the women’s team today; though we came up short of the score, they swam and dove very well and fought to the very last event,” Riggs said. “It was a tough loss, but it’s definitely something we can build off.”

For the divers, seniors Julia Calcut and Averly Hobbs finished 1-2 on both 1- and 3-meter for the women on the springboard. For the men, freshman Nick Cover and redshirt freshman Jacob Cardinal Tremblay finished the same.

Calcut was victorious with a 274.87 on the 1-meter and a 298.27 on 2-meter while Cover won with a 293.77 on 1-meter and 344.04 on 3-meter.

Diving coach Michael Grapner felt all of the Mountaineer divers came out strong and performed well.

“I’m very pleased with all of the divers today,” diving coach Michael Grapner said. “It was a determined effort for the men and women, and our results show it. Nick Cover was in his element today; he was consistent on both boards, and he accomplished his Zones score on 3-meter. Julia Calcut did awesome today, as well, and she also achieved her Zones score on 3-meter.”

Looking forward the swimmers will travel to the Ohio State Invitational in Columbus, Ohio while divers compete in the Navy Diving Invitational in Annapolis, Maryland, November 15th through the 17th.