The West Virginia University men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams are riding high after sweeping the West Virginia State Games in Huntington, West Virginia on Saturday.

The eighth annual, two-day event hosts collegiate swimming and diving programs from across the state. In total, the Mountaineers won 39 of 40 events at the meet. This is the eighth consecutive win in a row for the men’s team and the women took their seventh victory in the eight years.

Two of the leading swimmers were junior Morgan Bullock and sophomore David Dixon. In total, Bullock and Dixon won 10 events each, five individual events and five relays throughout the weekend.

The team is hoping to carry that winning momentum into this weekend when they face off against Seton Hall University and Xavier University. In the 2017 season, the men’s team defeated Seton Hall 227-53 and Xavier 224-53, and the women took down the Pirates 217-63 and the Musketeers 198-79.

Seton Hall freshmen shined at their season opener. Four different freshman won six individual events as the team defeated Montclair State University, setting two pool records. One of the records set was in the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:34.99. The Pirates will have to shave two seconds off to defeat the Mountaineers 200 medley relay team, who touched the wall at 1:30.34 at the West Virginia State games.

As for Xavier, they finished the Akron Zips Classic with only two fifth-place finishes in the two-day, three-session meet that featured Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland State, Denison and Miami University (Ohio).

The action on Friday will start with diving at 4 p.m. and swimming beginning at 6 p.m. The tri-meet continues into Saturday, beginning at 11 a.m.