With both teams looking to rebound after unimpressive performances in week one, the University of Missouri Tigers dominated the Mountaineers to the tune of a 38-7 final score on their home field.

Both teams featured first-year transfer quarterbacks facing off in their second games with their new teams. For the second week in a row, Kelly Bryant filled out the scored sheet, throwing for 150 yards and three touchdowns while Austin Kendall struggled to find consistency for the Mountaineers, completing 15 of 25 passes for 137 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions.

Kendall threw both interceptions in the first quarter, a quarter in which the Mountaineers struggled to get anything going on offense. The first pick deflected off the hands of receiver Tevin Bush and was taken away by Missouri's Nick Bolton, the second was an overthrow intercepted by Ronnell Perkins. Both turnovers led to Tiger touchdowns, allowing Missouri to get out to a 17 point lead early in the second quarter.

The following WVU drive got the Mountaineers into Missouri territory, but ended with an Evan Staley missed 45-yard field goal.

During Missouri’s ensuing drive, redshirt sophomore Taijh Alston went down with an apparent leg injury, needing to eventually be carted off the field. The Tigers finished the dive with another touchdown, extending their lead to 24.

The Mountaineers turned the ball over on downs on the following possession and the Tigers marched down the field again and added another touchdown, going into halftime up 31-0.

After one half of play, the Tigers had out gained the Mountaineers 274 yards to 78, including 149 to negative two on the ground. 

Both teams were scoreless in the third quarter and both starting quarterbacks were eventually replaced. 

Jack Allison entered the game in relief of Kendall also struggled to find success, throwing a pick six on his first drive to give Missouri a 38-0 lead in the fourth quarter. Kendall reentered the game and orchestrated a touchdown drive finishing with a touchdown pass to George Campbell to make the score 38-7.

Missouri cruised the rest of the way for their first win on the season. WVU drops to 1-1 on the season and will take on NC State at home next Saturday.