The West Virginia University track and field team finished its weekend at the Akron Invitational on Saturday.

On Friday, the Mountaineers placed second in the gold division of the distance medley relay (12:06.45) through the legs of redshirt junior Sarah Willis, redshirt sophomore Marianne Abdalah, sophomore Tessa Constantine, and redshirt freshmen Amber Dombrowski and Hannah Lipps. 

In the pole vault (blue division), sophomore Molly DeBone and freshman Katelyn Caccamo tied for sixth place at a mark of 3.53m (11 ft., seven in.), while sophomore Julia Brundin finished 18th with a 3.23m (10 ft., seven in.) effort. Freshman Erica Hegele led the Mountaineers in long jump with a 5.08m (16 ft., eight in.) which earned her a 12th place finish.

On Saturday, the squad added two more top-five finishes: sophomore Myesha Nott finished second in the triple jump with a 12.45m result while Constantine placed fifth (57.82) in the blue division of the 400-meter dash. 

Other notable results included the weight throw, where sophomore Sada Wright finished 12th (14.84m), Lipps earning seventh place in the gold division of the 3,000m with a result of 10:09.75 and Abdalah taking sixth (5:10.52) in the blue division of the mile.

The team will return to action next Friday at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational in Boston. Boston University will play host to the meet.