The West Virginia track & field team impressed in its final regular season meet Friday at the Penn State Tune-Up in University Park, Pennsylvania, amassing two victories and eight top five finishes.

West Virginia competed against Penn State, Messiah, Lebanon Valley, Morgan State, Moravian, Penn State-Brandywine, Penn State-Fayette and Towson on Friday. 

The Mountaineers earned wins from redshirt sophomore Katherine Dowie (4:56.56) and sophomore Myesha Nott (12.46m) in the mile and the triple jump, respectively. 

The squad followed up with several second-place finishes: sophomore Tessa Constantine (57.55) in the 400-meter dash, redshirt freshman Amber Dombrowksi (1:36.30) in the 600 meters, redshirt sophomore Hayley Jackson (2:08.11) in the 800 meters and sophomore Molly DeBone (3.67m) in the pole vault.

Other results included redshirt senior Olivia Hill’s fourth-place finish (5:02.92) in the mile and freshman Erica Hegele’s sixth-place finish (9.43 sec) in the 60-meter hurdles. Junior Ellie Gardner and sophomore Peter-Gay McKenzie found success in field events, with Gardner earning third (3.52m) in the pole vault, while McKenzie finished third (5.8m) in the long jump.

The Mountaineers will return to action when they travel to Iowa State from Feb. 28-29 for the Big 12 Championship.