Three WVU swimmers in junior Jake Armstrong, redshirt junior Tristen Di Sibio and freshman David Dixon ended the NCAA Championships and season on a strong note.

"I’m really proud of these three men," said WVU head coach Vic Riggs.

Dixon finished 22nd in the 200-meter butterfly with a time of 1:43.02 and Tristen Di Sibio came in 41st place in the 200-meter breaststroke, finishing with a time of 1:57.50.

Armstrong, who earned honorable mention All-American status for the 100-meter breaststroke on Friday, finished in 46th place in the 200-meter breaststroke with a time of 1:58.66. He’s just the 15th men’s All-American in the program’s history.

"Jake had a really nice race," Riggs said. "It’s great to see him earn honorable mention All-American honors."

Earlier on in the meet, Dixon opened the NCAA Championships in the 200-meter individual medley, he would finish 42nd and with a time of 1:46.44. He moved up four spots from his initial seed time for this event.

On Saturday, both Armstrong and Di Sibio made their NCAA meet debut. Armstrong qualified in 15th place with a time in preliminaries of 52.44, claiming a second swim in the finals session. Di Sibio also competed in the 100-meter breaststroke and finished in 36th place with a time of 53.71 while Dixon went on to finish in 41st place in the 400-meter individual medley with a time of 3:51.04.

"The men had a very strong day," Riggs said. "David had his fastest prelim time and was just off his best. Tristen and Jake had very good 100 breaststrokes."

This season was the first since 2016 in which the Mountaineers had men qualify for the NCAA Championships. They also joined sophomore Morgan Bullock and Emma Harris from the women’s swim team as NCAA qualifiers.

Bullock earned honorable mention All-American status with a 15th place finish in the 200-meter butterfly on March 17.

"They’ve done a great job in the past month and represented WVU and the state very well," Riggs said.

After Saturday’s action, this concluded the 2017-18 season for the WVU. Throughout the course of the season, the team had five NCAA qualifiers, two honorable mention All-Americans, two Big 12 champions and also a couple of second-place team finishes at the Big 12 Championships.

Both men’s and women’s teams combined to break a total of 15 school record times along with many other achievements throughout this season.