The West Virginia volleyball team lost in four sets to TCU on Wednesday night to begin their two match homestand. 

In the first set, the Mountaineers (11-14, 2-10 Big 12) had a 16-15 lead before the Horned Frogs (9-13, 4-8) went on a run to take a 20-16 lead.  WVU cut it to two at 22-20 before TCU scored three of the last four to take the set.

WVU got off to a good start in the second, going up 4-1 and forcing a TCU timeout.  The set was tied at 15 before the Mountaineers scored four straight on their way to taking the set 25-20, evening the match at one set apiece.

TCU got off to a good start in the third set, taking an early 6-1 lead. WVU trailed, 22-18, before TCU got the last three points and took the set, 25-18.

The third set saw the Mountaineers go on a big run, trailing 13-9 before scoring six straight and taking a 15-13 lead.  The Horned Frogs responded six straight of their own, taking a 19-15 lead. The rest of the set remained even, with TCU winning 25-21 and winning the match, 3-1.

The Mountaineer offense was led by senior Katelyn Evans with 17 kills, followed by sophomore Kristina Jordan with 13 and junior Briana Lynch with 10.

Defensively, junior Alexa Hasting led the team with 17 digs.  Sophomore Lacey Zerwas contributed with 11.

WVU will play their second home game on Saturday when they take on the Texas Tech Red Raiders at 1 p.m.