West Virginia volleyball stepped out of conference for one match and picked up a 3-1 victory against Morehead State on Tuesday.

The first set would stay close, with WVU (10-8) taking the largest lead at 15-10. The set would end with a 25-21 win for the Mountaineers.

In the second set, the Mountaineers couldn’t hold on to a 21-17 lead. Morehead State (14-5) would take eight of the last 10 to win the set 25-23, tying the match at 1-1.

The Mountaineers would get off to a sluggish start in the third, going down 17-12. WVU was never rattled, scoring six of the next seven to tie the match at 18. Trailing 23-21, the Mountaineers scored the final four points and took the set 25-23.

In the final set, WVU would take over. After being tied at seven, the Mountaineers outscored the Eagles 18-4 to finish the set at 25-11.

Offensively, senior Katelyn Evans led the team with 21 kills for the match. No other Mountaineer would register double digit kills, with the next highest being senior Erin Slinde with nine.

Junior Alexa Hasting and sophomore Lacey Zerwas led the team on defense with 14 digs each.

WVU will head home after three games on the road to face the No. 4 Texas Longhorn team on Saturday at 1 p.m. The game will be a gold rush.