Members of the West Virginia volleyball team huddle up during their match against Iowa State on October 5, 2019.

This time two weeks ago, things were not looking good for the West Virginia volleyball team. They are in a much better position this time around.

On Tuesday, the Mountaineers will look to build a two-game winning streak as they travel to Morehead State to take on the Eagles.

After dropping five straight decisions, WVU picked up its first win on Saturday since Sep. 21. The team hopes to ride that momentum and pick up its 10th win of the season.

In Morehead State (14-4), the Mountaineers will take on the premier team of the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC). In six matchups, the Eagles have only dropped one conference match.

Offensively, junior Olivia Lohmeier leads the team with 322 kills. Second place on the team belongs to junior Lauren Rokey with 185.

On defense, sophomore Allison Whitten leads the Eagles with 264 digs. She is followed up by junior Olivia Montelisciani, with 176, and redshirt senior Danielle McCarson, with 129.

West Virginia (9-8) will look for a big impact from a group of sophomores.

Kristina Jordan, a middle blocker, leads the team with 188 kills. She is followed up by Kristin Lux, with 141.

Defensively, setter Lacey Zerwas is second on the team with 150 digs, with Lux shortly behind with 120. Alexa Hasting — a junior — leads the team with 268.

Thursday’s game, from Johnson Arena on the campus of Morehead State, will begin at 6 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN+.