The WVU volleyball team will be competing in the Outrigger Hotels and Resorts Volleyball Challenge this weekend in Honolulu, Hawaii.

The Mountaineers will be looking to get back on track after a 1-2 record in the San Diego State Tournament this past weekend.

West Virginia (4-2) will begin the weekend with a 1 a.m. matchup with the University of Hawaii on Friday morning.  They will follow that game with a 10:45 p.m. matchup with the UCLA Bruins on Friday night, then finish up the weekend facing Utah Valley University at 10 p.m. on Saturday night.

WVU is led by sophomore Kristina Jordan with 79 kills on the season.  She is followed by fellow sophomore Kristin Lux with 62 kills and junior Briana Lynch with 60.  Defensively, the Mountaineers are paced by junior Alexa Hasting with 96 digs this season.

Hawaii (6-0) will be looking to defend its undefeated record with the help of redshirt junior Jolie Rasmussen and freshman Hanna Hellvig, with 89 and 66 kills on the season, respectively.  Defensively, senior Bailey Choy leads the team with 61 digs, followed by freshman Riley Wagoner with 54.

After two losses to begin the season, the UCLA Bruins (3-2) will be looking to carry momentum into this weekend, coming off three consecutive victories.  Junior Mac May has twice the number of kills on the season than any other teammate, with 71. She is followed by senior Savvy Simo with 35. Defensively, sophomore Kelli Barry leads the Bruins with 57 digs, followed by Simo with 49.

Utah Valley (2-5) is carried by sophomore Kazna Tarawhiti's 101 kills this season.  The defense is carried by junior Seren Merrill with 103 digs. Utah Valley has already played three ranked teams this season, losing all three.  It owns wins over Portland State and UC Davis.