A two out, ninth inning walk off home run gave the West Virginia baseball team a 6-5 victory over TCU in the final game of their weekend series on Sunday afternoon.

Following a Brandon White reach to first base on a throwing error with two outs in the ninth, Darius Hill lit up rainy Monongalia County Ballpark with a full count two run bomb to right center field for the 6-5 victory.

Although the Mountaineers came out on top, right-hander Kade Strowd continued his Sunday woes as the junior served up four runs on eight hits as well as walking four batters through 5.1 innings of work.

Following a Jake Guenther walk in the top of the first, Johnny Rizer grounded out to second base to plate Guenther for the early 1-0 TCU lead.

The Mountaineers posted their first run of the day on the board in the bottom of the third with a White ground out to third base sending home Tevin Tucker who led off the third with a single and steal of second base.

Through the next four innings, Strowd only allowed four baserunners. It wasn't until the sixth inning when Guenther began the inning with a lead-off home run, giving TCU the 2-1 advantage.

The Horned Frogs weren’t done in the sixth however as a Rizer single up the middle set up a Conner Shepherd double to right center field, bringing home a run. Two batters later, following an Adam Oviedo intentional walk, Bobby Goodloe singled through the left side to score Alex Isola for the 4-1 lead heading into the bottom of the sixth.

West Virginia head coach Randy Mazey proceeded to pull Strowd out of the game following the sixth inning trio of runs, replacing him with right-hander Sam Kessler.

The seventh inning was all West Virginia as the Mountaineers tacked two extra runs on the board off right-hander Jared Janczak. Following a Phillip Dull single up the middle to lead off the inning, Tyler Doanes doubled to right field to send home Dull and cut the TCU lead in half, 4-2.

One batter later in the seventh, Brandon White singled to shortstop to plate Andrew Zitel for the 4-3 lead.

Guenther didn’t go home quietly as he sent a solo home run shot to right

field in the top of the ninth off Kessler to extend the TCU lead to 5-3. Following the solo shot, left hander Zach Reid replaced Kessler to record the final out of the ninth.

The bottom half of the ninth inning saw Kevin Brophy respond with a solo home run of his own to cut the deficit to one run yet again, 5-4.

TCU left-hander Brandon Williamson lasted six innings on Sunday as the junior allowed three runs on five hits while also giving up three walks and striking out five Mountaineers. Right-hander Marcelo Perez got stunned with the loss in the ninth after surrendering the trio of runs on three hits including the game ending home run.

West Virginia will hit the road for a mid-week matchup against Virginia Tech on Wednesday at 6 p.m.