The West Virginia women’s basketball gained their third consecutive victory Wednesday evening knocking off the Oklahoma State Cowgirls, 77-54.

Following a pair of free throws off the fingers of freshman forward Kari Niblack that put West Virginia on the board, the Mountaineers (19-6, 10-4 Big 12) proceeded to go on a 11-0 run through the next six minutes of action.

Senior guard Naomi Davenport highlighted the hot streak with a three-point knockdown as well as a pull up jumper to give West Virginia the 18-10 advantage heading into the second quarter. Freshman guard Madisen Smith also nailed a three pointer from the outside right corner on a Mountaineers fast break to extend the West Virginia margin.

The three pointers didn’t slow down as Smith and junior guard Tynice Martin each nailed shot’s from beyond the arc to begin the second quarter and extend the West Virginia lead to 24-10.

Following a pair of Oklahoma State layups from sophomore forward Abbie Winchester and senior forward Latashia Jones, the Mountaineers combined for a trio of three pointers after Martin knocked down a pair of threes as well as another corner strike from Smith.

Ensuing halftime, West Virginia continued to control the ball as Davenport and Martin registered a layup and a jumper from inside the arc, respectively to give the Mountaineers a 44-25 advantage. 

The Mountaineers took momentum with seven minutes remaining in the quarter going on a 13-4 run behind a spread of layups and a three-pointer delivered from sophomore guard Nia Staples. West Virginia headed into the final quarter with a 60-37 thunderous lead after a pair of layups from Davenport and senior center Theresa Ekhelar ended the third quarter.

The fourth quarter saw West Virginia strike first again on a Smith layup before the Cowgirls (13-12, 4-10) posted four points on a pair of free throws off the fingers of sophomore guard Braxtin Miller and a layup from sophomore forward Vivian Gray.

Through the next four minutes, the Mountaineers went on another hot streak, outscoring the Cowgirls 10-4 behind a pair of jumpers inside the arc from Davenport and Martin.

In the final two minutes, each team traded a three pointer as Martin struck for the Mountaineers and freshman forward Bryn Gerlich nailed a three for her Cowgirls to notch the final score at 77-54. 

Davenport and Martin finished the night with twenty plus point performances with 24 and 22 points respectively. Smith also finished the night in double figures with 11 points and Niblack led West Virginia in rebounds with 12. 

The Mountaineers will be back in action Saturday afternoon when they host Oklahoma at 4 p.m. at the WVU Coliseum.