West Virginia moved to 10-11-3 on the season as they lost to Slippery Rock on Friday and beat Mercyhurst on Saturday.

wvu sru score

The Mountaineers hosted Slippery Rock on Friday for the final game of the season at Morgantown Ice Arena.

West Virginia honored their seven seniors before the game. Tyler Richardson, Sean Vandamme, Vincent Fornes, Brennan Adams, Kyle Dolly, Tyler Collard and Frankie Gerbasi were all recognized in a pre-game ceremony.

After a scoreless first period, the Mountaineers drew first blood with a goal by freshman forward Antonio Avallone. It was Avallone's first goal in his Mountaineer career.

Slippery Rock would answer late in the second period to tie the game going into the second intermission.

The Pride would rattle off two more goals in the third period to exact revenge from their loss to the Mountaineers on Jan. 19.

wvu hurst score

West Virginia had a quick turnaround as they traveled to Erie, Pennsylvania to face Mercyhurst.

The Lakers had no answer for WVU as they allowed four goals in the first period en route to a 6-0 win for West Virginia.

The Mountaineers return to action next weekend with a road trip to Ann Arbor for a two-game series with Eastern Michigan. The games are on Friday and Saturday and the puck drops at 7 p.m. for each.

In addition to being a sports writer for the DA, John is a freelance reporter for the Associated Press and the Dominion Post. John is also a writer and editor at the Smoking Musket (WVU's SB Nation community).