The West Virginia Mountaineers women’s swim and dive team defeated the Cyclones of Iowa State on Saturday morning at the Aquatic Center of Mylan Park.

Earning 12 gold, seven silver, and three bronze medals, the Mountaineers were able to come out on top with a 167-133 victory.

The team of Alyssa Vannetta, Mathilde Kaelbel, Morgan Bullock and Julia Nilton earned a victory in the opening 200 medley relay with a time of 1:44.69.

Giselle Gursoy and Vannetta picked up victories in the 200 freestyle and the 100 backstroke with times of 1:53.54 and 56.51, respectively. Bullock contributed to her second gold medal of the night as she placed first in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:03.41.

Emily Haimes and Nilton shined in the 50 freestyle as they placed first and second respectively. They put up stellar times of 23.45 and 23.81 to earn gold and silver medals for the Mountaineers.

In the diving portion of the meet, Holly Darling, Camille Burt and Callie Smith dominated the top of the three-meter dive leaderboard. They earned scores of 297.90, 287.55, 285.08.

Haimes earned another victory in the 100 freestyle as she won fairly comfortably with a time of 51.05. Kaelbel also earned her second victory of the night in the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:22.59.

In the 100 butterfly, Bullock and Haimes continued with their big day as they earned gold and silver medals with times of 55.47 and 56.85.

Back at the diving board, Darling and Burt led the way with scores of 276.23 and 273.23. It was another excellent outing for the Mountaineer dive squad.

Bullock tallied yet another victory in the final individual event of the day, as she earned a time of 2:05.77 in the 200 individual medley.

The meet concluded with the team of Nilton, Gursoy, Haimes and Emma Bliss earning a group victory in the 400 freestyle relay. The team earned a time of 3:30.55.

The Mountaineers advanced to 2-2 in dual meets on the season and 2-0 in conference play as Big 12 season is just getting underway. 

The team will be back at the Aquatic Center of Mylan Park on Thursday when they take on the Villanova Wildcats.