Feb. 24, 2020. WVU Coliseum. WVU guard Kysre Gondrezick dribbles into the paint during a game vs Baylor.

Coming off a big loss to Baylor on Monday evening, the West Virginia women’s basketball team looks to get back on track against the Iowa State Cyclones in Ames, Iowa, this Saturday.

In the last meeting between the two teams on Feb. 2 at the WVU Coliseum, the Mountaineers were able to get the win, 79-71.

WVU (16-10, 6-9 Big 12) will try for the season sweep of the Cyclones (15-10, 7-7) by taking advantage of the return of leading scorer Kysre Gondrezick, who came back from injury on Monday. She picked up right where she left off, leading the team in scoring with 13 points.

Iowa State has struggled with turnovers all season, averaging 17.9 per game. The Cyclones struggled to take care of the basketball in their first matchup with the Mountaineers, turning the ball over 18 times.

West Virginia will also look to spread out Iowa State’s defense and get open looks at the basket, something they did quite well in the first matchup during the regular season. WVU had 21 assists in that game, which is a season high for the team.

The Mountaineers also have the benefit of rest going into this game, as it will almost have been a week since WVU last saw the court. On the other hand, Iowa State has a quick turnaround after taking on Kansas State on Wednesday.

The matchup between these two teams is quite even on paper, with both sporting similar records on the season in overall and Big 12 play. To pick up the season sweep, the Mountaineers must also be efficient on offense, something they have struggled with this season. However, WVU had a season high in field goals made against Iowa State in the first matchup, with 33, respectively.

Saturday’s game at the Hilton Coliseum in Ames will tip off at 1 p.m.