Feb. 2nd 2020 - Redshirt Junior Kyrse Gondrezick puts up a tough shot against Iowa State at the Coliseum

The West Virginia women’s basketball team looks to snap a two-game losing streak on Tuesday when the team plays host to the Kansas State Wildcats at the WVU Coliseum.

Big 12 play has been a struggle for the Mountaineers (14-7, 4-6 Big 12) as they have lost six of their last seven games. WVU came off a tough loss last night in Stillwater, Oklahoma, where the team lost, 60-57, to Oklahoma State.

WVU beat Kansas State (10-11, 4-6 Big 12) on the road, 73-64, on Jan. 5. The Mountaineers will look to employ the same strategies from that game into the game on Tuesday, including shooting hot from behind the arc. WVU went 10-for-28 from the three-point line on that night, compared to the Tigers’ 1-for-15.

Three-point shooting has been a struggle for the Mountaineers over the last couple of games, but the team will turn to guards Kysre Gondrezick and Tynice Martin to shoot well from the field in order to find success.

On Saturday against Oklahoma State, Martin led the team in rebounding with eight rebounds, as well as seven points. Gondrezick led the way for the Mountaineers in one of her better shooting performances of the last month, ending with 13 points.

One area that WVU has struggled with all season is turnovers, but K-State only forced the Mountaineers to turn the ball over 13 times in the first meeting between the two teams. In the team’s last game against the Baylor Bears, K-State turned the ball over 12 times.

Tuesday’s game against Kansas State is the first of two straight home games at the WVU Coliseum for the women’s team, as it plays the Texas Tech Red Raiders on Feb. 15. Tipoff for Tuesday is set for 7 p.m. and is viewable on MountaineerTV.