lauren segalla

West Virginia's Lauren Segalla (9) attempts to keep the ball away from a High Point defender. 

Following Sunday’s 3-1 loss to No. 6 Virginia, the No. 22 WVU women’s soccer team will look to reenter the win column when it takes on No. 8 Penn State on Friday night.

The Nittany Lions head to Morgantown riding a three-game winning streak. On the other hand, the Mountaineers have lost two of their last three — both coming against top-10 ranked opponents.

“Penn State — as much as we feel we’re a rivalry because we play them all the time, we also respect what they do and how they do it,” WVU head coach Nikki Izzo-Brown said. “We’re going to have our hands full on Friday.”

Penn State is led by junior midfielder Frankie Tagliaferri, who is first on the team in points with eight while also being tied for first on the team in goals with three.

As a team, the Nittany Lions have been able to outscore their opponents by a 13-3 margin thus far this season.

West Virginia will counter with senior goalkeeper Rylee Foster, who has a goals against average this season of 1.75 per game.

All time, the two teams have met on 18 different occasions. Penn State holds the advantage with nine wins, while the Mountaineers have only won seven times. The last time the two teams met was last season, with West Virginia losing 1-0.

Friday’s game from Dick Dlesk Soccer Stadium will kick off at 7 p.m. The game will stream for viewing at wvusports.com.