After appearing in all four coaches’ panel ranking last season, WVU’s Noah Adams, Nick Kiussis and Brandon Ngati were all ranked in the first coaches’ panel this season.

Adams has been on a tear in the 197-pound weight class this season. His 24-0 record this year has him ranked second in the 197 class, behind only Ohio State’s Kollin Moore.

After the team’s most recent home match against Buffalo, WVU coach Tim Flynn said Adams’s preparation has made the difference this season.

“I think his preparation has been on point,” Flynn said. “He’s wrestling pretty good, I don’t think he’s wrestling great yet. He’s given up some scores that I think he can avoid. He’s doing a good job, it’s a long season.”

Adams has defeated ranked opponents in both of WVU’s most recent matches. He pinned Oklahoma State’s No. 10 Dakota Geer on Jan. 17 and defeated Oklahoma’s No. 14 Jake Woodley by decision on Jan. 19.

Ngati is 15-9 this season and was ranked 33 in the 285-pound weight class. Ngati also picked up victories against Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, defeating Cornelius Putnam by decision and Josiah Jones in a tie breaker.

Flynn said Ngati is one of the team’s most consistent wrestlers.

“He one of our consistent performers. That’s one thing the team has not had, consistency,” Flynn said. “Brandon’s been very consistent, he’s been consistent with his work and his effort and it shows.”

Kiussis is 10-7 in the 165-pound weight class this season. He most recently pinned Oklahoma’s Sam Dover.

The Mountianeers are 3-8 in dual matches this season. Their next match is at home on Feb. 7 against South Dakota State.