wvu ttu score

The West Virginia University tennis team continued their losing streak as Texas Tech claimed a 4-0 win on Friday in Morgantown.

The Mountaineers (7-12, 1-7 Big 12) continued their scoreless drought as they lost to the Lady Raiders. The team has been shutout in their last four games.

WVU coach Miha Lisac said this season has been about learning.

“We have continued to learn lessons this seasons,” Lisac said. “Hopefully going into Sunday, we will learn these lessons going in to the match against TCU.”

WVU began the match losing the doubles point with senior Lyn Yuen Choo and junior Paula Goetz failing to win as well as sophomore Christina Jordan and senior Yvon Martinez to give Texas Tech the 1-0 lead.

The Lady Raiders would go on to win the first three singles matches.

Jordan fell in two sets of 6-1 and 6-3. Goetz lost as well to give Texas Tech the 3-0 lead.

The Lady Raiders clinch the match when Martinez lost in straight sets of  6-1 to give Texas Tech the win.

Lisac said it’s nice to be outside again. The Mountaineers played their first match at the Mountaineer Tennis Courts after playing their first 10 home matches at Summit Tennis Academy.

“It’s good that we were able to play outside and have an outdoor match today,” Lisac said. “We are looking forward to being back outside on Sunday, in the Big 12 Championship we will play outdoors so it is nice that we get to finally play outdoor tennis.”

WVU will end its regular season against TCU in Morgantown on April 22. The Mountaineers will honor its seniors, Choo and Martinez, against the Horned Frogs.