In a matchup of the top two seeds in the tournament, the WVU women’s soccer team became Big 12 Champions on Sunday when they defeated the Baylor Bears by a final score of 3-0.

This is the first time since 2016 that the Mountaineers leave Swope Soccer Village in Kansas City, Missouri with the trophy.

With the win, the Mountaineers (14-4-3) secure a spot in the NCAA tournament for an 18th straight season. The victory also snapped Baylor’s 10 match win streak, spanning back to the regular season.

WVU got on the scoreboard first as a shot by senior forward Sh’Nia Gordon was accidentally deflected into the net by a Baylor defender in the 36th minute.

Baylor (17-5) was only able to get off two shots on the West Virginia side of the pitch in the first half. Neither of those shots were able to reach the back of the net, and the Mountaineers entered halftime with a 1-0 lead.

After halftime adjustments, Baylor came out for the second half with an increased intensity—managing to rack up two shots and a yellow card in the first 10 minutes.

For WVU, the Mountaineers were able to add two insurance scores in the second half. The first, a goal by senior defender Amanda Saymon in the 77th minute, was the first of her collegiate career. The second came off the foot of sophomore forward Lauren Segalla eight minutes later.

Despite the game plan adjustments, the Bears were unable to find the back of the net in the second half. This is Baylor’s first loss to WVU after defeating the Mountaineers in overtime earlier in the season.

Saymon’s goal was assisted by freshman forward Jordan Brewster while Gordon and senior forward Nadya Gill contributed to find Segalla for her goal.

Gordon led WVU in shot attempts with five. Four others managed to get off at least two shots as well. WVU ended the afternoon with 19 total shots—five of which were on goal.

This was the third shutout in three tournament games for the WVU defense. Junior goalkeeper Rylee Foster has been in goal for all three, as well as the eight taking place during the regular season.

The Mountaineers will fly home and host a team-only watch party on Monday for viewing of the 2018 NCAA Championship Selection Show for details of their next match. The first round of tournament games will take place at select campuses across the country during the weekend of Nov. 9-11.